Zurken power press machines basically comes in hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical presses to produce components at high volumes. Generally press tools are categorised by the types of operation performed using the tool, such as blanking, piercing, bending, forming, forging, trimming etc. The press tool will also be specified as a blanking tool, piercing tool, bending tool etc.Power presses are normally driven by mechanical mechanism or hydraulic system. Power source of these presses may be electric motor or engine. A mechanical power press shears, punches, forms, or assembles metal or other materials by means of tools or dies attached to slides or rams. It is made from steel, which contains a hydraulic cylinder. When cylindrical point of operation revolves, the wires are gripped and formed by bending. It is used in mechanic shops, basement shops and machine shops or garage. It can pressure in range of 1 to 30 tons which is depended on the expense and size. Multiple separate strands of wire are fed into the machine. Power press machine use a multi-piece metal part or tool. In the working of Power press India it includes crimping, folding, embossing, imprinting, stamping, rolling, casting, bending, forming, drawing, extruding, coining, swaging etc. Main parts of a typical power press
The general press tool construction will have following elements:
• Shank: It is used to locate the press tool in press for alignment purpose.
• Top Plate: It is used to hold top half of the press tool with press slide.
• Punch Back Plate : This plate prevents the hardened punches penetrating into top plate.
• Punch Holder: This plate is used to accommodate the punches of press tool.
• Punches : To perform cutting and non cutting operations either plain or profiled punches are used.
• Die Plate: Die plate will have similar profile of the component where cutting dies usually have holes with land and angular clearance and non cutting dies will have profiles.
• Die Back Plate:This plate prevents the hardened Die inserts penetrating into bottom plate.
• Guide Pillar & Guide Bush : Used for alignment between top and bottom halves of the press tools.
• Bottom plate:It is used to hold bottom half of the press tool with press slide.
• Stripper plate: it is used to strip off the component from punches.
• strip guides: It is used to guide the strip into the press tool to perform the operation.
Base: It is the main supporting member for work piece holding dies and different controlling mechanisms of press.
Frame: It constitutes main body of the press located at one edge of its base. It houses support for ram, driving mechanism and control mechanisms.
Ram: This is the main operating part of the press which works directly during processing of a work piece.
Pitman: It is the part which connects the ram and crankshaft or ram eccentric.
Driving Mechanism: Different types of driving mechanisms are used in different types of presses like cylinder and piston arrangement in hydraulic press, crank shaft and eccentric mechanisms in mechanical press etc. these mechanisms are used to drive ram by transferring power from motor to ram.
Controlling Mechanisms: Controlling mechanisms are used to operate a press under predetermined controlled conditions. Now-a-days compute controlled presses are being used in which controlling is guided by microprocessor. These presses provide reliable and accurate control with automation.
Flywheel: Flywheel is used for storing the energy reserve wire of energy for maintaining constant speed of ram when punch is pressed against the work piece. Flywheel is placed just before the clutch is sequence of power transmission.
Brakes: Brakes are very urgent in any mobile system. Two types of brakes are used-normal brake and emergency brake. These brakes include power off switch along with normal stronger braking to bring all motions to rest quickly.
Bolster Plate: It is a thick plate attached to the bed or base of the press. It is used to clamp the die assembly rigidly to support the work piece.
Showing all 2 results